If you are looking to set up your WiFi Extender, especially Netgear Extender, then you need to indulge in the tedious process of connecting multiple cables in multiple ports of the extender, router, and computer. The process of Netgear WiFi Extender is pretty simple, as it involves the following steps:
- Connect your router to the extender using an Ethernet cable or by pressing the ‘WPS’ button on both devices to sync them.
- The next step is to connect the extender with the computer, and for this, you will require an Ethernet cable. Alternatively, you can connect your extender to the computer wirelessly as well.
- Now, you will have to open Netgear WiFi Extender setup wizard to set up your extender properly. For that, you need to launch a web browser on your computer and go to my wifi ext net if you are using a Windows computer.
- In case, you are using a Mac computer, then visit my wifi ext local because Netgear has established two separate links for Android and Mac users.
- You can also enter 192.168.1.250 in case the aforementioned web addresses fail to open.
- If the webpage has opened, then you will have to enter the default username and password in the correct fields.
Note – If you don’t know what the username and password are, then you can take the help of experts to find out those details.
- Once you have successfully signed into the web interface of the extender, you can make necessary changes to the settings to suit your requirements.
- As you modify the settings in the web interface of the extender, you can proceed to download Netgear Genie Extender to manage and control your network along with setting up parental controls and other important features.
Netgear Genie is an important application in the context of using the extender, so make sure you download this app to use your extender to its full potential. If you come across any issue while Netgear Extender setup or accessing Genie app, then you can take help of experts.