Online counseling is counseling given to people through the internet. Both the counselor and the client must have access to a computer with an internet connection. It can come in many forms but usually online counseling is provided through email, text messaging, voice and video link as well as chat rooms and message boards.
Online counseling can be given to individuals or groups, in the same way as face-to-face counseling can. You can get online counseling at https://www.therapyplace.ca/.
Online counseling is also known as web counseling, e-counseling, e-therapy, and internet counseling. Check the credentials of your counselor, including the organization's membership because you should verify that the person is actually a counselor or he/she is just pretending to be a counselor to make money.
Image Source: Google
The advantages of online counseling are:
- You do not have to visit the office to see a counselor.
- No one needs to know you see a counselor because it can be used at your convenience.
- Save the cost of time, travel, and childcare.
- It is easily accessible.
- Costs can be reduced as a counselor you do not have to rent office space.
- If using e-mail or message board counseling, you can read and write your message any time convenient to you. It also provides time to write a well-thought-out response.
- You only need to communicate with your counselor; no receptionist or support workers to handle.